ifm was established in 1969. Since then, the family-managed company has achieved continuous growth and is currently located in all major countries worldwide. More than 6,500 dedicated employees develop, produce and distribute products to 150,000 customers in industrial automation. We are always close to our customers!
ifm’s culture is defined by strong values such as integrity, teamwork and innovation. We believe that quality and accurate technical data are unquestionable values. Open communication and mutual respect drive our fast-paced and collaborative work environment throughout the organization internationally. Within ifm, we’re considered by our capabilities and contributions rather than titles or tenure.
- ifm was founded in 1969 by Gerd Marhofer and Robert Buck, who successfully developed and marketed non-contact sensors. Today, ifm continues to grow under the leadership of their sons, Michael Marhofer and Martin Buck.
- ifm produces over 18.3 million products, which includes 9 million sensors annually.
- The worldwide ifm Team includes more than 6,500 dedicated employees serving over 150,000 purchasing customers.
- ifm has more than 70 subsidiaries located in all major countries including North America, South America, Asia, Europe and Africa.
- ifm makes large investments in R&D and employs over 820 development engineers.
- Our R&D Team has more than 750 registered ifm patents worldwide.
- Annual global sales exceed $900 Million (2017).